Project name: “Immigrant Friendly Cities”
Duration: 24 months
Coordinator: Aydin Valiligi
Financed by: Erasmus+ Program – Strategic Partnership – Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices
Partners: CEIPES (Italy), WISAMAR (Germany), Sosyal Etki ( Turkey), PRO-IFALL (Sweden), AKETH (Greece), FONIX AS (Norway)
From 4 to 5 of March, Luisa Zappalà Project Manager of CEIPES attended the kick-off meeting (KOM) of the project “Immigrant Friendly Cities” in Aydin-Turkey.
The KOM was the opportunity to get to know all the consortium members and to build the team for a smooth and trustworthy implementation of the project.
The two days were articulated according to a clear agenda that was respected in every part.
After the personal introductions and the presentation of each organization, the overall project was presented by the coordinator in its activities, responsibilities and time schedule. Moreover CEIPES submitted a proposal for the logo of the project which will be partially used.
Migrants have a lack of information when moving into a new country, therefore the aim of the project is to create permanent information services regarding housing, finances, health, leisure, education, jobs, and legal/social services by developing a web platform and a mobile App.
Additionally, the project aims at developing and growing the multicultural skills of adult education providers, immigrant advisors and officers in public authorities by organizing a MOOC (Massive open online courses).
The objectives of the project are the following:
- Help migrants to get acquainted with their new society, learn the rules and their basic rights
- Promote the integration of migrants and raise awareness about the refugee crisis in Europe
- Strengthen cooperation and networking between research centers and public bodies
- Give access to Open Educational Resources (OER) and digital training tools to migrants
- Encourage the continuing professional development of adult educators by using the innovative education models.
- Encourage individuals’ engagement in adult learning as mean of social inclusion and active participation
The Consortium agreed that the next partners’ meeting will take place in Leipzig (Germany) on the 3th – 4th July 2019.
If you are interested in our project, please do not hesitate to contact us and following our website.