Project name OMC – One More Chance
Project number: 622884-EPP-1-2020-1-ES-SPO-SSCP
Funded by: Erasmus+ Sport – Small Collaborative Partnerships
Duration: from 01/01/2021 to 30/06/2022
Partner: Club Lluita Olimpica La Mina – La Mina (Spain); CEIPES (Italy); INFINITY (Greece); Associació Drets i Ciutat – Associació DiC – ADIC (Spain)
On the 5th March 2021, through an online conference caused by the pandemic situation, the kick off meeting of our project “OMC – One More Chance” was held.
The objectives of the project are:
- To create positive sports experiences involved to include youth refuges into local club;
- To support sports organisations to give suitable opportunities of participation to refuges using innovative educational approaches;
- To amplify knowledge and to develop new scientific evidences on the work with refugee minors, on the challenges and organisational needs and to encourage the identification of good practises;
- To promote good practices based on scientific evidences and on the results of the project;
- To bring results of the project as instruments of social inclusion to attention of sports organisations, politics and others stakeholders which are interested to refuges.
The consortium, during the period of eligibility of the project, will explore the key-components of an interventional program based on the sport for refuges; will get information by trainers and experts, then it will develop an Online Learning Centre.
In particular, the project will lead the development of this indicator for the participants: enhancement of sense of community (social development); self-efficacy and self-confidence (personal development); increment of levels of instruction and employability; enhancement of general wellness; reduction of conflict situation; female empowerment.
The kick-off meeting was a good experience to know all the partners of consortium and to define firsts step of the project. The consortium is going to working about visual identity of the project and the creation of social media channels.