Project Name: “All in – L’arte che si fa inclusione”
Duration: 4 months, July – October 2018
Coordinator: CEIPES (Italy)
Partners: Arte Migrante
Financed by: Agenzia Nazionale per i Giovani
Project Number: ANG-2018-IG-067
“All in – L’arte che si fa inclusione” is the project that will take place in Palermo, from July to October 2018, at the Social Innovation Center Rise – Lab, set up inside a property confiscated from mafia, and in different places in the city that, in 2018, was awarded the title of “Italian Capital of Culture”.
The project, funded by Agenzia Nazionale per i Giovani (National Youth Agency), in the call for proposals “ Cosa vuoi fare da giovane? Il tuo futuro parte adesso!”, is addressed to 30 young people, aged between 18 and 30, from the disadvantaged neighborhoods of Ballarò and Uditore and to migrants of different nationalities.
Among the involved participants, 11 will be the direct beneficiaries, who will participate in all project phases and will be directly involved in the implementation of all activities.
The initiative, born from the collaboration between CEIPES and Arte Migrante, aims to promote the social inclusion of young people in situations of social, cultural and economic disadvantage, in the neighborhoods of Ballarò and Uditore in Palermo, promoting proactive channels of mutual understanding and social cohesion activated, acted and participated by young people.
Art as a tool of inclusion: the aim is to start the practice of intercultural dialogue and social inclusion through the creation and development of customized art projects based on several participatory artistic workshops.
- to promote social innovation and the inclusion of young people in difficult social situations, cultural and economic residents in Palermo through artistic- laboratory paths and the use of non-formal education methods and tools;
- promote the improvement of personal, social and organizational skills of the 11 young people involved in all phases of the project, with particular attention to the development of a sense of initiative and self-efficacy in disadvantaged young people;
- promoting increasingly welcoming, dialoguing and inclusive youth communities through the values of art, peer sharing and education;
- to encourage youth aggregation and participation through the creation of a creatively stimulating theater-cinema workshop space, located within the Rise – Lab, Ceipes center of social innovation;
The young people involved will follow a path of personal training and growth, which will allow them to confront both their personal and interpersonal skills, through different activities, in which the project is divided:
- Non-formal learning days on the themes of self-awareness and intercultural dialogue;
- Cycle of artistic workshops on photography, singing, dance, music, creative writing and theater;
- Organization of regular and extraordinary meetings of Arte Migrante, during which will be presented the artistic projects developed during the course;
- Final conference and participation at the Ballarò Buskers Festival.
At the end of the project, the young people involved will have the opportunity to facilitate permanent artistic-laboratory paths, in the Rise-Lab theater-cinema space, in order to create virtuous spaces for the exchange of skills and peer growth.