Federsid – Italian Social Federation for Disabilities in collaboration with CEIPES – International Center for the Promotion of Education and Development presents the “SWING – sign for work inclusion gain” project which will take place on Friday 26 June 2020 from 17:00 at 18:00, in virtual mode through the ZOOM video conferencing platform.
The SWING – Signs for Work Inclusion Gain (2017-1-IT01-KA202-006157) project is an Erasmus + project, # KA2, innovation and exchange of good practices, in the VET field. The project was born with the aim of creating a video dictionary of 150 words and meanings in sign language for three areas of work: furniture, kitchen and tourism; for a total of 450 words and meanings in Italian, Spanish, German and Hungarian sign language, which can be used through an online platform and a mobile application.
The event will be an opportunity to present the final products of the project, namely the online platform and the application for mobile devices containing the video dictionary in sign language and to discuss the importance of creating inclusive environments that facilitate the working world at deaf people both by workers and by users of services.
The event will take place with the following interventions:
– Davide Di Pasquale: FEDERSID president, greetings
– Massimo Bracco and Marco Farina: presidents of the associations Porte Aperte and HRYO (FEDERSID), Greetings.
– Serena Butticè: CEIPES, presentation of the SWING project;
– Giulia Briguglia, President of the Young Hoteliers Committee of Federalberghi Palermo and Province. The importance of accessibility in the world of tourism;
– Deaf National Body, Palermo office. The importance of sign language for inclusion in the world of work;
– Giusi Ferraro – INAPP NATIONAL AGENCY – National Institute for the Analysis of Public Policies
All the speeches will be interpreted in Italian sign language by the LIS interpreter Antonio Ingrassia
In order to participate in the event on ZOOM, please fill in this form by entering the requested data. We will send the login credentials to ZOOM to the email address:
We remind you that for better platform performance, it is advisable to download the Zoom computer application rather than using the browser version.
Here the link to download the app: https://zoom.us/download