SWING – Sign for work inclusion gain
Timespan of the project:
02-11-2017 – 01-05-2020
CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development
For more details, please contact:
To support hearing-impaired people at the workplace by developing a Sign Language Dictionary on Technical Terms for jobs in the field of furniture, cooking and tourism.
- Create a Video-dictionary of selected words, expression, actions in different sign languages with videos;
- Create a sign language training mobile application.
- Directory with words, expressions, actions that it has to be necessary for a suitable communication with people with hearing impairments. In this case, it will be 150 words/expressions in each sector that it will be collected n real work environments;
- Video-dictionary of selected words, expression, actions in different sign languages with videos. It will be created a platform where it can be consulted different connections between languages, 5 spoken languages: English, Italian, Spanish, German and Hungarian and 4 sign languages: Italian Sign Language (LIS), Spanish Sign Language (LSE), German Sign Language (DGS) and Hungarian Sign Language. Apart of the word, it will be available explanations in sign language and other important information;
- Creation of a sign language training mobile application for work environments. This app will be used directly in work environment to learn sign language and communicate with people with hearing impairment.