COL.D.D – Cold water swimming for the prevention of Dementia and Depression
Project E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The project has two main goals: promoting inclusion and diversity by engaging isolated adults, particularly from vulnerable groups, in outdoor activities, and encouraging a healthy lifestyle through cold-water swimming as a potential method to prevent and treat depression and dementia.
The project aims to consolidate and translate existing cold-water swimming methods, equip professionals to conduct safe training, and assess the method’s impact on depression. It also seeks to raise awareness, educate, build a supportive community, and collaborate with local organizations to promote a healthier lifestyle.
- Collecting best practices in cold-water swimming, breath control, and mindfulness for health benefits. synthesizing, adapting, and translating these practices into consortium languages (French, Italian, Croatian, Austrian, and Czech).
- Conducting a Learning, Teaching, and Training Activity with two representatives from each organization in health, psychology, or sports.
- Implementing project workshops in partner countries, with subsequent adjustments to the self-help and training manuals based on workshop experiences
- Conducting both quantitative and qualitative assessments of participants before the project workshops and performing a follow-up, post-intervention assessment to realize a research paper which will be published.
- Methodological guide on preventing dementia and tackling depression in people aged +50
- Manual in 6 languages about the new methodology
- COL.D.D. handbook providing professionals with an innovative tool on the topic
- Comprehensive research paper to spread the method