FUTURE+ – Sport and Social Inclusion: Future for Children
2017 – 2605 / 001 – 001
Timespan of the project:
01/01/2018 – 30/06/2019
CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development
- To identify the key components of a European-based coach education programme for youth sport in underprivileged districts;
- To develop a European-based coach education programme for youth sport that will provide a realistic strategy for social inclusion through sport in young people;
- To distribute evidenced-based principles of good coaching practice and project findings;
- To bring FUTURE + project findings to the attention of sport organisations, politicians, and other policy makers concerned with youths sport as a tool of social inclusion.
- Analysis of the current coach programme and the extent to which it is addressing issues of social inclusion;
- To find a common methodology to implement sports-based inclusion interventions;
- Mapping of good practices and suggestions for a common coach education programme and try to improve it as a first step towards a more holistic approach;
- Raise awareness among sport organisations, politicians and other policy makers involved in sports-based social inclusion interventions.
- Coaches learn to create a motivational climate and maximise the power of sport in social inclusion;
- To empower children to work harder, smarter, and getting better in the gym, at home, and in school in order to break the so-called intergenerational cycle of poverty;
- To create a handbook of best practices;