EUHRENET – European Human Rights Network of Towns: promoting awareness and exchanging good practices based on the EU Charter on Fundamental Rights and its application at local level.
Project Number: 101054251
Timespan of the Project: 01-06-2022 / 30-09-2023
Project E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Program: CERV
- To create and sustain a European Human Rights Network of Towns aiming at active citizenship and human rights promotion and protection at local level. Foster the participation in European inter-city dialogue and membership of an interactive human rights community.
- By offering a free and open access to seven local, national and pan-European residential andvirtual debates between citizens, institutions and towns, the project seeks to provide a debating and exchange opportunity for those willing to learn from the EU human rights policies and seeking for policy solutions in local implementation of the EU Charter on Fundamental Rights.
- To contribute to the development of new local civic activism groups and networks, promoting human rights, diversity, and inclusion at both local and pan-European levels.
- To raise awareness on the EU Charter on Fundamental Rights and involve citizens and their organizations in debating the local human rights realities in Europe.
- To share experience and discuss a range of successful local human rights policies and local inclusive and participatory strategies promoting participatory democracy and a culture of human rights. .
- 4 Open Online Events
- 3 OPen In Situ Events in 3 different partner countries – Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal
- Adopt Human Rights as a guiding norm of local governance
- Encourage Participatory Democracy
- Promote awareness on the EU Charter on Fundamental Rights
- Develop join recommendations, contributing to the further refinement of the local and European
- Policies on human rights protection.