E-Crafts: Enhancing adult education to promote upcycling based on Creative Artistic Crafts
Timespan of the project:
01/03/2021 – 28/02/2023
The objectives of the project are the following:
- Enhancing the cultural heritage of people and local communities at the level of trades and crafts.
- Promoting the artists and art as a way of valuing vulnerable adults, local culture, and the reuse of products through upcycling.
- Developing innovative educational proposals that promote upcycling.
- Promoting the social, emotional, and mental well-being of people as well as the valorization of culture and their knowledge.
- Sharing different local cultures, in the European context affected by the economic and health crisis.
The project activities involve the transmission of knowledge, techniques and materials by the artists/artisans to the other beneficiaries, according to the premises of active, experiential and intergenerational learning, privileging two forms of interaction: the face-to-face and virtual one.
- A handbook with methodological guidelines for adult education, adapted to vulnerable adults such as the elderly, people with disabilities and migrants, based on upcycling workshops.
- A toolkit with educational video tutorials guiding do-it-yourself upcycling activities in the context of adult education.
- A sustainability plan that consists in outlining a future plan on sustainability and entrepreneurship for the multiple stakeholders involved.