DoD – Democracy over Disinformation
Project E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aims of the project:
- To raise awareness of disinformation and fake news phenomena and importance of media literacy, especially in relation to democratic debate.
- To promote cross-sectoral cooperation by involving into project municipalities, libraries, universities /schools/(youth) NGOs, youth centres and in this way ensure visibility and success for the project.
- To create network between Southern, Western and Eastern European countries in order to work together for the benefits of EU and disseminate its values.
The project includes 4 international events (10th of March, 2023, 15th of September, 2023, 16th of February, 2024 and final conference on 11th of October, 2024) for citizens from all backgrounds in cities across Europe.
Participants in international events will debate the effects of disinformation for democratic functionality, will have training workshops with journalists where will improve their media literacy skills and be empowered of critical decision-making and will have creative workshops for promoting media literacy in the society.
Project will include such activities as:
- Public debates about fake news phenomena
- Discussion about disinformation’s effects
- Media literacy training and workshop with journalist – survey research with local citizens
- Creating tool for promoting media literacy
- Expected results:
Raised awareness of disinformation and fake news phenomena and importance of media literacy, especially in relation to democratic debate.
The network of SE, WE and EE countries will be created as a result which will continue in further project partnerships and collaborations. About 250 direct and 3000 indirect participants.
II INTERNATIONAL EVENT – PALERMO, 24.02.2023
Streaming on Facebook
During the second international event of the project, an open discussion was held between some participants of the conference. The issues discussed were the nature of fake news in Italy and the ethical behaviour of journalists who, on Italian territory, must respect article 21 of the Italian Constitution.
The debate has been documented and is present at the following link