ALERRT: Autism on the Line! Educating first Responders on how to Recognise and Treat individuals with autism
Timespan of the project:
To deliver training courses to directly train first responders in a set of skills and, also, to deliver these courses to a target group of VET trainers, in order to amplify and perpetuate the ripple effect of those courses; to design, test and publish an innovative training package for VET trainers that will train the target group (first responders) to acquire sufficient knowledge and understanding about ASD and the skills necessary to recognise, interact, and treat appropriately individuals with ASD in cases of emergency; to help families and caregivers of individuals with ASD connect with first responders and develop mutual trust and the feeling of dependence on them when an emergency situation occurs.
- Research activity: conducting focus groups with first responders and VET trainers
- Learning-Teaching-Training (LTT) activities: short term training event for VET trainers and 1 short term training event for first responders (C2) will be carried out resulting in VETtrainers and First Responders professional development, accordingly, and in raising awareness regarding ASD
- The project will develop the following results:
- ALERRT VET trainer curriculum for first responders; ALERRT VET trainer Manual for first responders; VR training scenarios for First Responders; Safety Kit for Families/Individuals with ASD; e-learning platform.
- GESEME 1996 SL (Spain)
- AUTISME-EUROPE AISBL (Belgium)
- CEIPES (Italy)
- Cofac Cooperativa de Formacao e Animacao Cultural CRL (Portugal)
- TANDO LTD (Cyprus)
- Evropska rozvojova agentura, s.r.o. (Czech Republic)