IDHEApp – Using technologies to promote HEalthy lifestyles in Adolescents with Intellectual Disabilities
Project Number: 101134252
Timespan of the Project: 01/01/2024 - 31/12/2025
Project E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Program: Erasmus + Sport Cooperation Partnerships SCP
The project aims:
- To create an accessible digital intervention to improve the well-being of young people with intellectual disabilities and involves the active participation of them and the support of healthcare workers and professionals.
- To promote health by encouraging physical activity, improving eating habits and the responsible use of digital technology.
- To raise awareness about a healthy lifestyle, provide digital resources, analyze the use of technology for health management.
The project will engage in the following activities:
- Conducting awareness-raising Workshops and events to emphasize the importance of healthy and active living among young Europeans with IDD.
- Analyzing the current usage and acceptance of technology as a support system for health management among adolescents with intellectual disabilities.
- Implementing strategies to increase physical activity, reduce sedentary behavior, and promote a balanced diet among young people with IDD.
The project has yielded the following results:
- Accessible mobile app, IDHEApp, which involves people with IDD in the design process and offers personalized content for improving lifestyle.
- Resources and training for educators and health professionals to teach practical skills for enhancing physical activity and healthy living using the app.
- Digital tools and guidelines to partner organizations to enhance the lifestyle of young people with IDD.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.