CEIPES is developing a new project proposal in the framework of CALL FOR PROPOSAL UNDER YIA and looking for partner organisations to develop project activities.
Call for partners
“APPROACHING IMMIGRATION THROUGH PUPPET THEATRE” Youth in Action – Action 4.3 – Training and networking
Deadline 1st February
On behalf of CEIPES
Please answer to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
CEIPES is looking for partners that would be interested in taking part in the training course above described.
The main themes of the training course are Social rights and Migration. This training course aims to explore the differences and similarities between different communities and ethnicities and the way to promote integration, understanding and respect for all cultures and nations.
The chosen location, Palermo, has a very strong connection with the puppet world. For that reason we thought it would be interested to use this as the starting point for project aiming to foster understanding and social cohesion. The participants will also get an insight into the puppet history of Sicily and its development throughout the years.
The specific objectives of the project are:
1. To increase participants’ awareness of social rights, migration issues and social inclusion of immigrants in the framework of young immigrants living in disadvantaged contexts.
2. To provide participants with the knowledge about social rights of immigrants and their inclusion and active participation into the society.
3. To understand the role of young people in their local realities in the context of the social rights and inclusion.
4. To exchange best practices about diverse inclusion strategies that can be later transferred to other context.
5. To learn about the puppets theatre method and to become able to use it for motivating and involving young people living in disadvantaged contexts in the access to their social rights. Through a series of active participation methods the youngsters will get the chance to discover and explore how the world of theatre, specially the world of puppets can bring people together to foster understanding, respect and tolerance. The methodology to follow will be based on non-formal learning, learning by doing activities and educational and artistic development workshops.
PARTNERS: We are looking for 10 partner organisations from European Union countries that are active in the field of immigration and that can put in act a multiplying effect of the project results. The most desirable partners would be those of immigrant background.
DATES AND VENUE OF THE MEETING: June 2012, Palermo – Italy
COSTS: 100% of the accommodation and visa cost will be covered, according to Youth in Action program regulations.
TRAVEL EXPENSES: 70% of the travel expenses will be reimbursed.
If you’re interested to take part in this project, please fill the Part3 that you may kindly find in the attachment and send it ASAP to Ana Merchan via email email@example.com