USE OR LOSE
Timespan of the project:
10/2018 – 04/2020
CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development
For more details, please contact:
- Raise awareness and draw attention to Alzheimer at local, national and international level.
- Prevention and awareness of Alzheimer and the early onset of the disease
- Develop innovative practices and implementing co-operative initiatives, mutual learning and exchange experience to promote cooperation at the European level
- Create an activity book (occupational therapy guide) to assist in the improvement of memory in Alzheimer’s patients and those with early onset dementia
- Outline and delivery of 2 questionnaires (1 for patients of Alzheimer and 1 for relatives and caregivers)
- Data collection & analysis
- Draft of need analysis and state of art report
- Observe best available practices in Europe
- Prepare Occupational Therapy Activities Guidebook
- Translation of the Guidebook in several languages of the partners and Arabic for Syrian refugees
- National and international seminars will be organized to raise awareness on Alzheimer.
The guidebook for occupational therapy and treatment outlining the activities carried out to slow down the disease and improve memory of patients, as well as cognitive activities and thinking skills. The activities will be used in therapy rooms for the psychosocial rehabilitation of the patients with the assistance of youth volunteers from local community.
- Kahramanmaras Municipality
- Provincial Directorate Kahramanmaras
- Kahramanmaras University
- SSW Collegium Balticum