SLD and technologies: new approaches to support students
Fee: 400 €
Duration days / hours : 5 days / 30 hours
The training course can be funded by Erasmus+ KA1 programme (staff mobility).
Some tools may allow children with SLD (Specific Learning Disorders) to have less effort in studying. Prescribing a compensatory tool, such as a speech synthesis (often used in the case of dyslexia), is not always accepted willingly by the child.
In fact, using these tools at school or for homework could make children feel different from other students. The PC is in itself a fundamental tool for children with SLD because it allows them to completely compensate or circumvent a deficit but only if you know how to use it and understand its potential.
The tools must be well used in the learning context in which the child lives, therefore it is necessary to carry out accurate assessments that take into account the individual peculiarities of the child. Proper communication between the clinical and educational world is necessary to allow the child adequate learning experiences. Our commitment is to ensure that children have the best possible teaching, which is why we believe it is essential to train teachers in the use of electronic tools and software that can facilitate the learning process of children with SLD and SEN.
- Theoretical training on SLD through different theoretical modules
- Knowledge of compensatory tools (electronic and non-electronic) and dispensatory measures for children and young people with SLD and SEN
- Guide to the practical use of electronic tools and software that can be used by children and young people with SLD for homework
- Learn to use learning aid technologies (digital books, software, etc.)
- Create specialized after-school activities on SLD
- Knowing how to read a diagnosis and a Personalized Didactic Plan (PDP)
- Use correctly and consciously of tools
- Intervening in cases of dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia
Primary and secondary school teachers and SLD tutors
- The strengthening of learning prerequisites
- Psychopathology of learning and learning difficulties
- Comodibility between SLD and other disorders
- Dyslexia: clinical characteristics, intervention, enhancement of reading skills
- Compensatory tools for reading disturbance
- Presentation and guide to the use of the Personal reader tools (speech synthesis “Loquendo”) and C-Pen Exam Reader, suitable for dyslexic children and teenagers
- Dysorthography: clinical characteristics, intervention, spelling enhancement
- Dysgraphia: clinical features, intervention, handwriting enhancement
- SLD and homework: in-depth study of the tools to be used
- Presentation and guide to the use of the Dragon Naturally Speaking tool, suitable for digraphic and dysorthographic children
- Dyscalculia: clinical characteristics, intervention, calculation enhancement
- The text comprehension disorder: clinical characteristics and intervention
- Presentation and guide to the use of the e-Pico tool! (with focus on its features that make it easier for children and teenagers with dyscalculics to carry out their homework)
- The personalized didactic plan (PDP)
- Cooperative learning
- Reference regulations on SLD and SEN
DETAILS OF THE PROPOSED TOOLS
Dragon Naturally Speaking : tool that allows you to control the computer only with your voice, allows you to dictate a text to the PC at the same speed as verbal speech and is very useful for children with dysorthography.
Personal reader with speech synthesis loquendo: speech synthesis that is very close to that of a human reader. This speech synthesis is very accurate and is able to imitate the prosody of the sentence, recognizing even the question marks. There are also free speech syntheses available on the internet, but they are often not very accurate and precise.
Speech synthesis: artificial reproduction system of the human voice that converts text into speech. There are speech syntheses in every language, female or male. The speech synthesis is installed on the pc.
Pen with OCR and speech synthesis: C-Pen Exam Reader it empowers students with reading difficulties such as dyslexia during exams and tests. Just pass the pen over the sheet of paper like a highlighter and the high-quality speech synthesis reads the texts in the earphones, line by line, in 5 languages. Indicated starting from secondary school and for university (12-16 +) as well as for work.
ePico! Supports those who have difficulties in reading, writing, calculating and organizing the study; favors the learning and performance of school tasks independently for all students; it serves to organize information in the form of text, audio and images and therefore to find an effective and personal study method. Indicated starting from secondary school: from the second class of middle school up to the two years of high school and beyond (12-16 +).
The lenght and the contents of the programmes can be modified according to the needs, more details will be given to interested organizations. Certificate of attendance by CEIPES will be awarded. If within the Erasmus+ programme, an EUROPASS certificate of attendance and competence will be awarded.
The programme, on request and with an extracharge, may include Italian classes, cultural activities, organization of board and lodging.