‘On the move’ – Experiential education for social inclusion
Project number: 2018-1-IT03-KA105-013490
Timespan of the project: 15/05/2018 – 14/01/2019
CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development
For more details, please contact:
- The main goal of the project is to develop the competences of youth workers in the inclusion of socially excluded youngsters through outdoor and experiential education.
- Empower youth workers through knowledge and tools, practical training methods and coaching sessions for the inclusion of disadvantaged young people through outdoor education.
- Increase the involvement of young people at risk of social exclusion through their involvement in youth projects and experiential learning.
- Create space for the exchange of experiences between partner organizations and expand the knowledge and application of methodologies for social inclusion through outdoor activities in Europe.
- Training project in the Serra Guarnieri resort in Palermo from the 12th – 20th September to develop and deepen their knowledge and experiences, by widening their comfort zones and proactively learning through outdoor education.
- The participants then used this training and guidelines to involve youth in outdoor activities at a local level, particularly those ones socially excluded or at risk of exclusion.
- Increased awareness of one’s self and their inner feelings while among nature and the relevance between the environment and one’s self.
- Increased confidence, courage, inclusion, team skills and social skills for all youths involved and the resultant increased sharing of this new knowledge and experiences with other youths in their local arenas.
- Active Youth Association (Lithuania)
- NGO “Non-formal education for young people” (Ukraine)
- Belarusian Youth Public Union New Faces (Belarus)
- GOSM: Georgian organization of the scout movement – Scouts of Georgia (Georgia)
- Votsis Youth in Action Club (Greece)
- CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development (Armenia)
- CEIPES TURKIYE International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development (Turkey)
- Fundacja Instytut Aktywizacji i Rozwoju Spolecznego (Poland)
- Asociatia Economeq (Romania)