Lifelong Dancing – Learning pathways about dance for Adult Educators
Timespan of the project:
November 2018 – October 2020
CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development
- To increase the quality of adult education organisation
- Develop the wellbeing, self-awareness, self-esteem and mind-body integrity of people with fewer opportunities
- To successfully use innovative formal, non-formal and educational methodology.
- Handbook for adult educators: providing descriptions of the theories behind using dance and movement theories within groups and individual sessions for adults.
- Testing dance and movement therapy sessions in adult education field: workshops will be held with the relevant target groups, which will offer conclusions about the efficiency of dance activities with adults.
- Web platform: an eLearning method will increase the professional development of adult educators and increase the capacity at which the organisations can organise activities with adults from different backgrounds. The web platform will also be used for the dissemination of the other intellectual outputs of the project, organisations and financers.
- Training kit for educators: a collection of concrete curricular for dance and movement activities and sessions with adults. It will include specific descriptions for each variant of the target groups, in their respective countries.
Increase professionalisation amongst adult educators and develop adult education in general. All partners will be able to conduct dance activities with their target groups and train other adult educators in this methodology. Furthermore, the partners will have an increased expertise in this field of art-therapy, non-formal education and adult education, which should increase their efficiency while improving individual’s quality of life.
- Aspaym (Spain) – who has great experience with dealing with people with disabilities.
- CEIPES (Italy) – who will target groups of migrants and refugees, as we regularly provide projects aimed towards these groups.
- Gamma Institute (Romania) – who will deal with individuals with psychological and emotional disorders, as it is an association and training centre with qualified psychologists.
- Essevesse (France) – an association which has great experience using dance in the social field, who will aim at involving individuals from difficult neighbourhoods, upbringings and those suffering from financial difficulties.
- Eunipartners (Bulgaria) – who regularly works with individuals from rural areas, so they will aim at involving individuals who suffer from geographical obstacles and setbacks.