Immigrant Friendly Cities
Timespan of the project:
09/2018 – 09/2020
- Establish permanent information services through new technological solutions to respond to the needs of immigrants.
- Strengthen the cooperation and networking between AEPs, research centres and public bodies from countries most affected by the refugees’ crisis.
- Promote the integration of refugees, asylum seekers and newly arrived migrants and raise awareness about the refugee crisis in Europe.
- Encourage the utilization of Open Educational Resources (OER) to give access to education and digital training tools to migrants, refugees and asylum seekers
- Help migrants get acquainted with their new society, learn the rules and their basic rights
- Encourage the continuing and professional development of Adult educators by using the innovative education models.
- Each partner will research and collect data about the current status of refugees/migrants in their country in order to have a need analysis and to write a State of art report;
- Implementation of an online survey for refugees/migrants to identify their needs;
- Development of the material to realize workshops and other forms of F2F interactions with migrants;
- Development of a MOOC for adult educators, adult education providers, NGOs and whole community;
- Design and pilot testing of the platform and Mobile App;
- Learning/teaching/training activities.
- Refugees and newly arrived migrants will communicate each other and get info through the APP
- Migrants and refugees are equipped with functional and practical skills
- An effective inclusive model and creative mutual learning experience will be developed at public level
- Barriers for integration will be removed and equality of opportunity will be promoted
- Safe and open spaces of interaction will be created between the host and the migrant communities
- 1 Web based platform for refugees/migrants where they can have information guidance services
- 1 mobile application which shows refugees/migrants where services are closest to them on a map
- 1 MOOC for adult trainers who works with refugees/migrants to improve their multicultural skills
- State of the Art Report of all partner countries & monitoring/final reports
- 2 Workshops for refugees/immigrants