GYMKHANA 5.0: CULTURAL HERITAGE FOR YOUTH
Timespan of the project:
20/12/19 – 19/08/21
CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development
The main objective of the project is to increase European heritage education in youth, especially in youth with fewer opportunities (refugees and migrants, people with disabilities, youth with social and economic obstacles, etc.), through the testing and implementation of innovative educational tools based on the use of Gamification. These innovative methods, created through transnational and cross-sectoral European cooperation, will integrate skills and knowledge about our European cultural heritage, focusing on promoting a tool that enhances heritage education, motivates youth to know our European heritage and generates new tools for youth workers, trainers and professionals who work on this topic.
1) Create innovative practices in the field of youth by developing an intellectual product adapted and accessible to youth with fewer opportunities, which promote skills and knowledge about our European cultural heritage, motivating their learning through the use of gamification, a learning technique that moves the mechanics of the games to the educational-professional field in order to achieve better results, either to better absorb some knowledge, improve some skill or reward concrete actions.
2) Create innovative tools to facilitate the work of workers in the youth field through the design of an educational game focused on heritage education European.
3) Organizational development of 5 institutions with different previous experiences, both cultural and organizational, and strengthening the strategic partnership between them.
It is expected to develop two big results a Manual and a European heritage educational game
- Manual / Methodological guide adapted for youth workers and youth service providers working in different social fields. Will include a compilation of knowledge and content in matters of European heritage education that promote the patrimonial knowledge of each of the cities of origin of each of the partners that make up this strategic association.
- APP: an innovative tool to facilitate the work of youth workers and youth service providers, which develops education content with the necessary adaptations to young people with fewer opportunities that can participate in equal conditions and develop their knowledge and competences on our European cultural heritage. This intellectual output can be the perfect tool for youth workers, trainers and professionals of the culture and tourism sector apply the gamification-based methodology as a means to enhance knowledge of heritage education among youth, especially youth with fewer opportunities (disability, refugees and migrants, young people facing social and economic obstacles). The APP that will develop this Educational game will adapt all content to be accessible to young people with fewer opportunities, especially young people with disabilities, with relative information on the accessibility of our real estate cultural heritage. .