Dis-employment: Study visit about employment of persons with disabilities
Fee: 400 €
Duration days / hours : 3 days / 20 hours
The training course can be funded by Erasmus+ KA1 programme (staff mobility).
Work is the element that more than any other redeems the condition of the disabled persons in terms of autonomy, economic independence, awareness of their own value. But the critical issues underlying the problem of job placement are many and not exclusively related to the situation of the labour market.
The disabled person, in fact, lives with the widespread idea that ordinary people have built themselves on it, by virtue of an infinite series of barriers, especially mental: in text, uncomfortable, unproductive people. The same idea that leads us to believe that the disabled person must lead his or her existence only in the social welfare circuit, under economic and social protection.
The process of labour and social integration must also go beyond the “caudine forks” of prejudice and ignorance.
The path that society must take towards full integration is paved with difficulties that are visible: the economic situation, the stagnation of the demand for labour, but also invisible: cultural and social barriers.
The development of initiatives to facilitate the entry into the labour market of disabled people is one of the “strong issues” on which the ability of the social system to implement integration paths that restore an image of the disabled person as a valid, autonomous entity, which contributes through its work to the process of economic and civil growth.
This study visit has the aim to show how Sicily is involved in disability employment and how Sicilian people actively operate to promote this topic.
The visit shows local activities and companies that aim to train and hire people with disabilities. The aim is to understand also which law regulates this job market and finally what are the strengths and critical points.
- Best practices about the disability employment in Sicily;
- Understanding of the legal aspect;
- Empowerment of network;
- Professors and/or teachers;
- CSOs, NGOs, Associations that work in the disability field;
- PhD Students that are conducting research in this field.
DAY 1 – Disability Employment in Italy:
- Introduction of CEIPES – meeting in CEIPES’ headquarter
- Description of the disability employment system and law in Italy
- The management of disability employment in Sicily with a focus on Palermo city
- Organized visit to a company that hires persons with disability
DAY 2 – Legal aspects:
- Meeting with employment experts and associations that work in this fields to support and protect persons with disabilities
- Meeting with companies that train persons with disabilities
DAY 3 – Best practices in Palermo
- Presentation of CEIPES’ network of disability associations
- Focus on how to provide a job matching and training courses to persons with disabilities
- Best practices in the disability field in Palermo
The lenght and the contents of the programmes can be modified according to the needs, more details will be given to interested organizations. Certificate of attendance by CEIPES will be awarded. If within the Erasmus+ programme, an EUROPASS certificate of attendance and competence will be awarded.
The programme, on request and with an extracharge, may include Italian classes, cultural activities, organization of board and lodging.