Gamification World – Basics and Building Blocks
Fee: 400 €
Duration days / hours : 4 days / 20 hours
The training course can be funded by Erasmus+ KA1 programme (staff mobility).
Thanks to this course, teachers, educators and youth workers will find out about the dynamics of gamification and the methods to use these dynamics with young people in order to support the development of soft skills useful for their daily life and their future work.
Although from the name one can perceive the concept of Gamification as something far from the educational or working environment, actually Gamification is perhaps one of the best tools to achieve one’s goals and in fact it does not concern the game room! In fact, gamification concerns the use of game elements and game design within non-game contexts “(Werbach Kevin & Hunter Dan, 2012) to entertain and motivate people to achieve their goals.
The dynamics of gamification are simple but also complex and with this course we will introduce teachers, educators and youth workers into this world by providing them with the opportunity to qualitatively improve their educational and teaching tools by introducing gamification dynamics aimed at improving their relationship with young people and help them in their development path.
Main objectives: To improve the educational and learning tools aimed at making young people develop transversal skills.
- Main bases on gamification and its use
- To acquire new learning methods based on non-formal education
- To acquire innovative entertainment dynamics without stress
- Improvement of educational and teaching tools
- Teachers who want improve their teaching tools;
- Youth workers who want improve their way of involving kids in new opportunities;
- Educators who want to improve their educational tools;
- Presentations and brief discussion on the gamification idea of users
- What is Gamification
- Gamification in history
- Use of gamification in educational contexts – game-based learning
- The main dynamics of gamification
- The main mechanics of gamification
- Analysis of the soft skills to be developed through the use of gamification
- Application of dynamics to soft skills
- Analysis of entertainment dynamics
- Analysis of motivation dynamics
- Learning by doing, through a series of practical activities based on games, users will try educational methodologies based on the use of games
- Use of dynamics for the development of transversal skills
Creative laboratory of practical application.
Thanks the support of paths already developed in specific contexts the users will carry out application of dynamics and theories learned by elaborating gamification paths in specific contexts.
The lenght and the contents of the programmes can be modified according to the needs, more details will be given to interested organizations. Certificate of attendance by CEIPES will be awarded. If within the Erasmus+ programme, an EUROPASS certificate of attendance and competence will be awarded.
The programme, on request and with an extracharge, may include Italian classes, cultural activities, organization of board and lodging.