3D Printing in VET
Timespan of the project:
01-10-2019 / 30-09-2021
CEIPES: International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development
Alessia Di Francesca
- To empower educators and learners in order to create more effective ways of learning and to perform better with 3D printed models in classrooms.
- To support 21st century pedagogies that not only engage students in their present learning but also teach them how to be “tinkerers” in learning the rest of their lives.
- To implement 3D printing into STEAM-based curricula
- To include new learning possibilities, positive engagement, innovative and creative learning environments, critical thinking, and problem-solving opportunities.
- To help students to approach many disciplines (eg mathematics, physics, biology).
- To provide better observation in the arts (eg sculpture, architecture, painting).
- To accelerate learning time, since they represent the theory in the most imaginative way.
- To promote teamwork required by trainers and trainees for a 3D design object.
- To make the lesson pleasant and creative, thus giving students more motivation.
- To develop judgment and observability. For example, in order to take the best design
- To see the boundaries of the 3D printer that students are using.
- To review national training standards for VET teachers and educators and different assessment procedures and criteria they already used
- To paying particular attention to those that relate to 3D printing competences or which can be adapted to that learning context.
- To classify the key competences that teacher and educators need in order to use a 3D printer in their didactical approaches in each participating country.
- To realise a curriculum for VET teachers developed to assist them in acquisition of key skills required for 3D printers in education.
- To organize six national pilot “train the trainer” seminars to the materials realised.
- Research report on 3D Printing Education
- Needs Analysis report
- Curriculum on 3D Printing
- Training materials for Online use
- Training guide for VET educators
- Course Syllabus
- KEKAPER-REGION OF CRETE- LIFELONG LEARNING, EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT DEPARTMENT- DEVELOPMENT DIRECTION RETHYMNO REGIONAL UNIT- REGION OF CRETE (Greece)
- European Education & Learning Institute (Greece)
- KIT – KARLSRUHER INSTITUT FUER TECHNOLOGIE (Germany)
- CEIPES – CENTRO INTERNAZIONALE PER LA PROMOZIONE DELL’EDUCAZIONE E LO SVILUPPO ASSOCIAZIONE (Italy)
- Escola Técnica de Imagem e Comunicação Aplicada (Portugal)
- UNIVERSITA TELEMATICA INTERNAZIONALE- UNINETTUNO (Italy)
- WYZSZA SZKOLA EKONOMII I INNOWACJI W LUBLINIE (Poland)
- INERCIA DIGITAL SL (Spain)