Name of the project: “OMC – One More Chance”
Number of the project: 622884-EPP-1-2020-1-ES-SPO-SSCP
Duration: 01/01/2021 – 30/06/2022
Coordinator: Club Lluita Olimpica La Mina – La Mina (Spain)
Funded by: Erasmus+ Sport – Small Collaborative Partnerships
Partners: CEIPES (Italy); INFINITY (Greece); Associació Drets i Ciutat – Associació DiC – ADIC (Spain)
The project, co-funded by the European Commission within the framework of the Erasmus+ Sport SCP programme, pursues the following objectives:
- To create positive sports experiences aimed at including young refuges into local clubs.
- Supporting sports organisations with the aim to offer suitable opportunities of participation to refuges through innovative educational approaches.
- Expanding knowledge about organisational challenges and needs, developing new scientific evidence on working with refugee children.
- Identifying and disseminating good practices.
- Making the project results tools for social inclusion to be brought to the attention of sports organisations, politicians and other stakeholders who deal with migrants and refugees.
During the eligibility period of the project, the consortium will explore the key components of an intervention programme aimed at the inclusion of refugees through sport, and it will collect information from coaches and experts. Afterwards, an Online Learning Centre – where educational material will be uploaded for free to any coach interested in the project topics – will be developed.
During the two-day meeting, the partners dealt with several issues, including the creation and development of the One More Chance intervention model and the pilot implementation within the different sports contexts of the partner countries.
Partners also discussed how to develop an Online Learning Centre to upload and share the products that will be developed during the pilot phase. Sport coaches from different countries will have the opportunity to be trained through the e-Learning platform, developing new knowledge and skills related to social inclusion through sport.
Finally, the consortium discussed the dissemination strategies to be implemented at local and European level. The latest versions of the project website and Facebook page were shown; there, each partner will commit itself, month by month, to publish different news related to the project topics.
The One More Chance project aims at leading to the development of the following indicators in the young sportsmen and sportswomen involved: enhancement of sense of community (social development); self-efficacy and self-confidence (personal development); increased levels of education and employability; increased general wellbeing; reduced conflict situations; female empowerment.
Don’t miss any further information by following the project’s website (http://omcproject.eu/) and its Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/OMC-One-More-Chance-106482364928077).