ONE MORE CHANCE – OMC Consortium effectively achieved the end of the project!
CEIPES is happy to announce that the OMC consortium has been arrived at the end of the project and all the results of the project are online!
OMC – One More Chance project (622884-EPP-1-2020-1-ES-SPO-SSCP) has the goal to generate positive sports experiences aimed to include young refuges into local sport clubs, supporting sports organisations in creating suitable opportunities of participation into sports through innovative educational approaches.
The activities carried out by the Consortium during the project eligibility period have made it possible to increase knowledge about organizational challenges and needs, developing new scientific evidence on working with refugee children and identify and disseminate good practices from different European countries.
In this framework the OMC strategic partnership, coordinated by the Sport Center La Mina (SPAIN) and composed of CEIPES (Italy), ADIC (Spain) and INFINITY (Greece) produced the following results:
- The ONE MORE CHANCE Model – an interventional program with different key components based on the sport for refuges; developed thanks to a qualitative research cycle carried out in the partner countries
- The OMC Online Learning Centre – in which any coach interested in the project topics can find educational materials. Sport coaches from different countries can be trained through the e-Learning platform, developing new knowledge and skills related to social inclusion through sport.
Specifically, within the OMC Online Learning Center, users can interact with:
- Theoretical modules developed in English, Italian, Spanish and Greek.
- Training videos from PILOT tests conducted in Spain and Italy in Sports Centers and schools
- Interviews on the relevant topics of the project to trainers, coaches and sports instructors
Please, click here to access to the OMC e-learning platform.
The results of the project will therefore be tools for social inclusion to be brought to the attention of sports organizations, politicians and other stakeholders who deal with migrants and refugees. OMC consortium is finally pleased that the work carried out may be useful to promote social and personal development, increment of levels of instruction and employability, enhancement of general wellness, reduction of conflict situations and empowerment of the athletes with whom the coaches work daily in sports contexts.