On the 8th and 9th of May, our partners STP and SSOM hosted us in Maribor (Slovenia) for the 4th transnational meeting of the 3D4KIDS project.
3D4KIDS aims at promoting the use of 3D printers in secondary schools. It is a project funded by the European Commission within the Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 2 (Strategic Partnership for innovation and the Exchange of good practices).
The consortium partner that is carrying out the activities is composed by: Furness Academy (United Kingdom), IES José Luis Castillo-Puche (Spain), Srednja šola za oblikovanje Maribor (Slovenia), CEIPES (Italy), CETEM (Spain), STYRIAN TECHNOLOGY PARK (Slovenia), Pristálica (Spain).
During the meeting the partners involved, could discuss about some key points of the project, especially about:
- The methodologies that the partners developed for the creation of 3D printing exercises;
- the exercises developed in 3D by each partner that will be tested during the pilot phase of the project by the teachers and the students. In this phase the technical partners CETEM showed us all exercises printed in 3D;
- the online platform that will be developed to contain the exercises and to add new ones;
- the design of the networking database that will contain data from schools and providers according to the GDPR document.
- the methodology for developing the pilot phase;
- dissemination activities and project management and financial issues;
- the ETwinning platform.
The meeting was very productive and all the partners demonstrate the great results obtained.
As hosting partner, STP and SSOM organized local tours like:
- A visit in the 3DMED startup that deals with making medical material using 3D printing technologies.
- A visit in the Doorson facilities, a company that deals with the construction of sliding and anti-panic doors for public buildings. This has included 3D printing technology in its production process, developing a 3D printer and a material specifically designed for the development of their products together with a collaboration with a local university.
- A tour in the SSOM school, in which we could see the efficiency and quality of the courses provided and the use of new technologies for both the fashion sector, product design and graphic sector.
The next TM will be in Cartagena (Spain) on the 16th and 17th October 2019.