Project name: “Sport and Social Inclusion: Future for Children – FUTURE ++”
Project number: 622533-EPP-1-2020-1-ES-SPO-SCP
Founded by: Erasmus + Sport – Collaborative Partnerships
Duration: from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2023
Partner: GEDI GESTIO I DISSENY SCCL (Spain); CEIPES – CENTRO INTERNAZIONALE PER LA PROMOZIONE DELL’EDUCAZIONE E LO SVILUPPO (Italy); TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET MUENCHEN (Germany); CREATIVE THINKING DEVELOPMENT (Greece); MUNICIPIO DE LOUSADA (Portugal); INSTITUT NACIONAL D’EDUCACIO FISICA DE CATALUNYA (Spain); Nefinia (Netherlands); FUNDACIO PRIVADA FUTBOL CLUB BARCELON (Spain)
On 25 and 26 February 2021, thanks an online conference due to COVID-19, the kick-off meeting of our brand new project “Sport and Social Inclusion: Future for Children – FUTURE ++” took place.
The objectives of the project are the following
– Identify key components of a European-based coach training programme to foster social inclusion through sport-based interventions
– To develop a European-based coach education programme for youth sport that provides a realistic strategy for social inclusion through sport
– Examine the feasibility and effectiveness of the programme as an approach to grassroots coach education
– Disseminate evidence-based principles of good coaching practice
– To bring the results of the FTR+ project and the proposed model to the attention of sports organisations, policy makers and other stakeholders interested in youth sport as a tool for social inclusion
In particular, the whole consortium during the life span of the project will work on the creation of a network of coaches to foster social inclusion through sport. An online learning centre and a manual for a coach training programme will also be developed.
Specifically, the expected results of the project are:
– Development and dissemination of educational tools (Online Learning Centre)
– Establishment and launch of the European network of coaches for social inclusion
– Handbook for dissemination of good practices
The kick-off meeting was a great opportunity to present the consortium partners and also to talk about the first steps of the project. The consortium is also working on the visual identity of the project and the creation of social media channels.