To celebrate its thirteenth birthday, CEIPES – International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development, hosts the following event: “I-Protect: a platform for the safety of the most fragile people in sport”.
The event will be an opportunity to hold the final conference of the Erasmus plus project “i-Protect – Developing an European platform for the protection of children in Sport” (funded within the Erasmus Plus programme: Support for Collaborative Partnerships in the Field of Sportobility, ref.: 590490-EPP-1-2017-1- ES-SPO-SCP).
The main goals of the project, which will end in December 2020, were:
- Developing an online platform for grassroots sporting organisations, involving athletes, families, coaches and sports managers.
- Tackling cross-border threats to the integrity of sport, in particular violence against children.
- Promoting and supporting “good governance” in sport.
- Promoting voluntary activities in sport, along with social inclusion, equal opportunities and awareness of the importance of physical activity for health, enhancing participation and equal access to sport for everyone.
- Raising awareness about the role of sport in promoting social inclusion, equal opportunities and physical activity, through the i-Protect platform programme.
- Developing and sharing good practices.
- Fighting violence and tackling racism, discrimination and intolerance in sport, also fostering social inclusion by means of the i-Protect platform programme.
During the conference, the new i-Protect in Sport platform will be presented, which will offer various learning modules that will provide a tool for the empowerment and the prevention of violence, abandonment, harassment and child abuse in sport and physical activity in general.
Through the e-learning modules, which are available to everyone, clubs and sports organisations will be supervised in order to minimise the risk of minors suffering violence of any kind; moreover, they will also have the opportunity to get the “I-Protect badge”.
Speakers at the event:
- Professor Chiara D’Angelo – Teaching Coordinator of the ASAG Master “Sport and Psychosocial Intervention”, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano: sport and prevention of violence in youth sports contexts: a psychosocial view.
- Sara Vivirito – CEIPES: the platform and the I-Protect project.
- Moderator: Serena Butticè – CEIPES
To take part in the event click here
Participants will receive by e-mail the credentials to access the seminar. The platform used for this event will be Microsoft Teams, so we suggest providing yourself with Microsoft Teams accounts and downloading the app for computer, tablet or mobile phone.
The event is part of the #CEIPESDAY, an opportunity to celebrate our anniversary despite not being able to meet in person as we do every year!
To follow the #CEIPESDAY