CEIPES is looking for participants for a European youth meeting that will be held in Palermo, Italy, between 21 and 28 June 2011.
- Youth participation
- Human rights
Developing youth participation and democratic citizenship through ICT is a workshop aim to support and encourage young people to participate in all levels of social and political life and to introduce youth with new ways and possibilities how to be involved and even more, to impact current situation and make changes in problematic fields of partecipants’ communities.
The meeting will gather 25 young people and tutors from 16 different countries: Italy, Bulgaria, Malta, Latvia, Portugal, Estonia, Greece, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Sweden, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Turkey, Norway, TFYRO Macedonia.
The main aim is to improve the knowledge and skills of young people about how to be active actors in society using social media.
The main objectives are:
- To reflect and discuss about the impact and usage of the social media;
- To foster knowledge and skills in usage of blogs and ICT tools;
- To boost knowledge and skills in advocacy and blog advocacy;
- To encourage young people to become active in the own local community in human rights protection;
- To promote intercultural competences and capacity to work in team.
Project funded with the support of the European Youth Foundation, Council of Europe.