CEIPES – International Center for Promotion of Education and Development – is looking for 2 Turkish female participants for 1 year EVS project, starting from the 7th of January 2016.
CEIPES is a non-profit European organization with antennas in 8 European countries. CEIPES’ work is inspired by the principles and values of peace and nonviolence, equality in diversity, human rights, democracy and active participation, respect for the environment, cooperation, communication, solidarity, social inclusion, respect, tolerance and interculturality. CEIPES works at local, European and international level with more than 40 organisations and public bodies that work in synergy to reach identical goals. At local level CEIPES coordinates the CEIPES Network, which is based in Sicily and counts more than 20 organisations as well as public and private bodies.
The main purpose of CEIPES is to promote the Education and Development of young people and adults through activities in education, training, culture, nonviolence, interculturality, solidarity, human rights, active citizenship, international cooperation, and promote services thus contributing to human and civil growth at individual, community and world levels.
➢ CEIPES is divided into different sectors, each one developing specific projects with the support of professional intervention teams. Each sector is coordinated by a responsible that pays great attention to the quality of the service and activities carried out.
➢ The staff of the CEIPES is composed of many professional experts with different competences in several sectors such as psychology, communication, formation, international cooperation, social and cultural mediation, social assistance, informatics and law.
➢ The association relies on the collaboration of more than 25, mostly young, people who are also specialised in the above sectors, and who work in CEIPES’s activities.
➢ In this moment CEIPES works in different fields: “INNOVATION AND DEVELOPMENT, YOUTH, EDUCATION, RESERCH, TRAINING, LEARNING MOBILITY, CULTURE and SOCIAL WELFARE”.
Vision and Mission:
CEIPES is active in the field of social and human development that works through education and training for a world of peace and equality in order to guarantee the fulfilment of the universal human rights.
The mission of CEIPES is to foster and support the sustainable development of local communities and individuals’ empowerment through education and training, human rights and international cooperation.
1. To promote education and development for all the people at any age as a tool to foster individual and collective grow.
2. To fight all forms of discrimination with the aim of contributing to community development, promoting social inclusion and equal opportunities.
3. To encourage intercultural dialogue with the objective of fostering mutual understanding and respect between individuals from different cultures, building the awareness of the intercultural enrichment achieved through the sharing of values, traditions and different modus vivendi.
4. To promote lifelong learning, vocational training and entrepreneurship with the aim of enhancing opportunities for youth and adults to improve and acquire competences and therefore boost their employability and inclusion.
5. To improve methodologies, develop innovative strategies and tools in the field of youth, education and training through active international cooperation, study and research.
6. To promote non-formal education as a vital tool in the education of youth and adults and as complementary to formal education.
7. To conduct international cooperation projects respecting equal opportunities and the principle of self-determination of people, as well as strengthen collaboration for the promotion of education, culture, peace and nonviolence, interculturality, solidarity, human rights and active citizenship.
8. To promote peace, nonviolence and human rights as the only way to reach a world of equality and solidarity in which all human beings enjoy their fundamental rights.
Depending on the interests and attitudes of the participants, volunteers can be involved in the following activities:
• Support for the management of the organization’s communication : updating website , newsletter and social networks; management of contacts database; translations of articles/projects
• Organization of activities to raise awareness on human rights issues and participation to local events
• Activities of dissemination about European projects ( EVS , VET , training , exchanges ) in local events and at schools in the city of Palermo.
• Support for voluntary activities that take place in local schools and/or with participants to other projects
• Supporting the writing of European projects
• Strong motivation in volunteering in a no-profit association
• Strong interest in human rights/peace education/third sector field
• Team and cooperation spirit
• Open to learn from different cultures
• English language knowledge
• Previous volunteering experience (preferable)
It will be given priority to candidates with skills in graphics and communication and knowledge of European Programmes for Youth
To apply for this EVS project please send your CV and a motivation letter, both in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Irene Capozzi | Project Manager
CEIPES – International Center for Promotion of Education and Development
Tel.: +39 091 7848 236 | PEC:email@example.com
Facebook: facebook.com/CEIPES| Youtube: youtube.com/ceipes Twitter: twitter.com/CeipesEurope |